Saturday, March 9, 2013

1 year

I can't believe I almost let this 1 year anniversary pass me by.  March 5, 2012 was the day Ethan got his tubes in his ears!


This was a monumental day for our family!! We had some terrible months before this day and it was a long awaited day for us!


I will never, ever pretend to know how it's like have a really sick child, but I think that season of my life gave me just a glimpse of how exhausting it can be to give so much to a child and you still can't bring them comfort.  I've known many kids to have tubes, but I truly feel like poor little Ethan had it much worse than some.  He lived with a constant ear infection for almost 6 months and medicine wouldn't cure it.  


Ethan was almost 10 months when he got his tubes and can you believe since he's had them we haven't had ONE ear infection!? There was one time that his ear drained a little, but the doctor said it wasn't an infection.  Praise God for modern medicine! So thankful my little guy hasn't had to deal with painful infections in over a year!

March 5..a day that will go down in my book for a life changing moment! 

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Tubes RULE! We know because just our family has had 6 sets. Good grief, my kids were doomed from the beginning because 3 of those were mine! :)