Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ethan - 11 Months!

11 months...this is a hard one. In fact, I brought Wes the camera and asked him to take pictures of Ethan for his 10 month blog post, corrected myself to say 11 months, and may have shed a tear or two when I came back inside.  Where is my baby going?

(Yall think radio flyer  needs a model, because I think I have a good one!)

Ethan, I say this every month, but you truly get sweeter and sweeter by the day. Your personality is so sweet and we've decided you are definitely all BOY.  You are busy and active all the time. You rarely stop to cuddle and you never sit still longer than a few seconds.  I hope you are picking up on things as you go, because you definitely aren't interested in sitting to learn anything!  You're on the go!


You LOVE being outside and you often cry when we take you inside. If the door cracks open, you dart for it.  When you are fussy we just have to take you outside and that will fix the problem 99% of the time. You ADORE your daddy and love when he's holding you or scoops you up and takes you outside to do boy things. I hope you are just like your daddy and  I definitely know he's willing to show you and teach you anything he knows. I hope you want to learn.


You have turned into an amazing sleeper...for the most part.  You nap for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours in morning and from 2-4 hours in the afternoon.  You sleep 12 hours at night, but most nights you still wake once.  I seriously just can't let you cry it out at  night. I don't know why, but my heart just breaks and I just find myself in your room rocking you back to sleep. Waking once is a major improvement of where we were a few months ago, so I'm seriously OK with it.  You'll sleep through the night consistently one day, right? Until then, I'll enjoy the extra snuggles. 

Ethan, at 11 months you:

  • Are in size 3 diapers
  • Wear a size 3 shoe
  • Wear 3-6 month bottoms, mostly 12 month tops (but some are still too big)
  • Are nursing 3 times a day, but will drop one of these feedings this month
  • Napping from 9:00 a.m. - about 10:30 a.m. and from 1:00 until 3:30 or 4:00 most days
  • Still only have 2 teeth...no sign of any others anytime soon
  • Feed yourself EVERYTHING. You haven't had baby food in a few weeks.
  • Are working on waving, but as mentioned earlier, you don't sit still long enough to show us tricks
  • Say dada all the time, momma alot and no, no no. We are working on ball.
  • Mimic any noise we make, including whispering. So precious.
  • Are starting to stand alone for about 10 seconds at at time, but the second you realize you aren't holding onto anything, you drop to your knees.
  • Are cruising quick along furniture
  • Crawling so fast. Your body often gets ahead of your knees and you just face plant on the floor.
  • Try to climb on anything

Ethan, we are beyond grateful that you are ours.  We are so blessed by you and your sweet smile and laughter.  We just laugh at night when we talk about the things you've done that day.  You are sugar sweet and we adore you.  I can't believe we are planning your first birthday. I don't know where the time has gone, but I sure know our lives have been much sweeter the past 11 months.

Love you sweet boy!

Love, Mommy


post signature

4 comments:

Amanda said...

he is such a cutie!

Lindsay said...

It is insane how cute he is. His hair looks a little red... or was it the evening sun? Love it, either way.

The Skaggs said...

What a DOLL!!!

Nicole Garvey said...

and i'm crying.
so precious.