Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Big Girl Room

As mentioned in a previous post, we re-did Hannah's room into a big girl room.  It was all to help in our effort to get rid of her paci. Extreme measures, right? Well, she loves her big girl room and is starting to fall asleep a lot better without her beloved pacifier. 

(anyone need this chandelier? It doesn't match anymore)

I'm thinking of hanging a cute little bird cage that I saw at hobby lobby in place of the chandelier. I found this cute little bird wall art that matched the colors in her bed so well, so it made me think of the little bird cage.  I also fell in love with that little owl picture that I found at Target. It's also a perfect match.


There were a couple of left over birds, so I made this for her door.


There really isn't a theme to her room, just bright and girly.  There are more birds than anything, but then there are the owls, so I guess just things that fly - ha!


And this is a little wall that her dresser is on.


Wes still has to finish making the headboard and we are going to paint all her furniture a lighter color...something like a creamy white.  I'm not really sure when we will get around to that, so I figured I'd better post pictures now before the room isnt' so new anymore!  I need to put some finishing decorating touches onto the room. I've had fun making this room for my sweet girl. She loves it! 

post signature

4 comments:

Kayla said...

VERY cute and super girly!

Ashley said...

Man girl- I love it. My favorite is the tall dresser decor. I'm so impressed with the lampshade and blue thing you made. You have officially blown past me in your craftiness....congratulations. Thanks for leaving your old friend in the dust. ;)

Lindsay said...

You did a great job - love it all!

Strange family said...

i LOVE it! I'm with Ashley - the blue canvas is amazing! You are amazing!