Monday, July 27, 2009

Creative Friends

Somehow I don't have a creative bone in my body. My mom can sew, monogram, paint and do just about anything else you could think of. These genes were not passed on to me or my sister. Luckily, I have lots of creative friends!

My friend Dara is an AMAZING graphic designer. She has made me things for Hannah's room and also did Hannah's birth announcements. (below). Amazing, right? You can click here to see more of her work. Her site is called "a rad design" - "a rad" is her name spelled backwards. That shows how creative she is...I would never think of that :)



My best friend Ashley has also just taken on sewing. Click here to see her site. She makes custom burp clothes that make wonderful baby gifts for girls or boys. She just decided one day she was going to start sewing, and it actually worked! ha. I decided I was going to start sewing one day and my creation ended up in the trash. ha.

Lastly, my friend Lexi is an amazing seamstress, painter, etc. She can pretty much make anything you would ever need for a baby/toddler. She makes adorable outfits for her little girl and also makes wraps, breastfeeding covers, boppy covers, baby bedding, etc. Click here to see her site.














I have lots of other creative friends that make curtains, table cloths, etc., but these are the only ones that sell all their fun stuff. Check them out!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hey, you make bow holders! That's pretty creative! I, on the other hand, am not creative at all :)

Love those birth announcements, btw! I had wanted to do some for Shepard, but never got around to it. Guess I'll just have to wait until Christmas to send something out.

The Weathers said...

Hey! I wanted to see if I could get one of those bow holders from you! Let me know if you have some time! I just found out that my work is throwing a shower for a friend and it's tomorrow, but I have to have it by then! I just wanted to add that on as an extra to the gift! :) Let me know what you think! The baby's name is Alyssa Rose and colors are pink and brown

The Weathers said...

i meant I DON'T have to have it by then... sorry... should have previewed that note before sending it! :) Sorry about that!

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks for putting me on your blog! I'm glad you are my friend! :) Your bow holders are pretty creative though.. I have to say the more you do the more creative you will get.. works for me anyway!